Today’s post is part of the series With Autumn Noémi. You can use the links below to find other posts in this series:
Guys. My baby is a quarter of a year old. I promise that she woke up this morning and her feet were bigger than I remember. So what else has been new with Autumn this past month?
- All of a sudden, the girl seems to love diaper changes. No lie. She lights up when I put her on the changing mat! She smiles and kicks her little feet in excitement. It’s the weirdest thing.
- She loves to be held up in the air. All the cooing and smiling. I love it.
- She started smacking her lips and sucking on her lips.I’m not really sure why. Maybe a method of self soothing? I don’t know. She seems to just do it at random.
- Autumn recently started to try to hold her bottle herself. I feel like she’s trying to be independent too soon! Slow down, little one, you’re just a baby. 🙂
- She still isn’t a huge fan of tummy time, but she’ll push herself up on her elbows and look at me. She laughs a bit in the beginning, but she eventually starts trying to roll onto her back. She’s rolled onto her back successfully twice already. I was so proud each time, but I still haven’t caught it on video.
- Oh the drool! When she first started drooling all the time, I was changing her onesies like 4 times throughout the day. Yeah, that lasted like 3 days before I remembered that she has gotten a million bibs.
- She has started showing the slightest interest in little toys.
- I get the feeling that Autumn doesn’t know she’s only three months old. Whenever the bottoms of her feet touch a flat surface (like the couch or our laps), she straightens out her legs and tries to stand up. You’ve got to learn to crawl first, my dear. It’s crazy how strong her legs are already!
- She pretty much beast-moded her 2 month vaccinations at her last appointment. She basically looked up at the nurse and was like, is that all you got? Just kidding! 🙂 But she did really well. I was proud. Her daddy soothed her and she was over it. It was still pretty tough to watch someone hurt my little girl (yes, yes, I know it was for her own good). 🙁
- Shortly after Autumn turned a month old, we quit breastfeeding. She wasn’t consistently getting a strong latch, so we switched her to formula. I still plan to give breastfeeding one last shot to see if she will take, but I’d be fine with continuing formula if it doesn’t work out.
- I feel like Autumn is going to be a talker. She looks at us intently when we talk to her and she seems to smile and coo in response. I’m so looking forward to hearing what’s on my baby girl’s mind.
- Oh, and I finally photographed her adorable frown.
I hate to leave this post on a sad note. I promise that she does more laughing and smiling than frowning (which is why it’s taken me three months to catch it). So to avoid being a downer, we’ll end on this image I took when she peacefully fell asleep on the couch. 🙂 I love her little fingers.