Today’s post is part of the series With Autumn Noémi. You can use the links below to find other posts in this series:
So my baby girl is one month old already! Not only does Autumn have my dimples, but she has my curls and my melanin too 😉 She’s changed so much in her very first month!
Motherhood has been overwhelming at times, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world! I mentioned in my previous post of this series that we struggled a bit with breastfeeding and that Autumn lost an alarming 12% of her birth weight in her first few days. Thankfully, we were able to get her back up to her birth weight by her 2 week mark. Now, she’s gaining weight normally and we’re so thankful.
Guys, do you see the way my husband looks at her? Oh, I swoon. I have loved watching him interact with her. All month long, my husband and I have loved getting to know her as her own little person.
- Autumn is 8lbs 14oz. 21.5 inches long. She’s gained exactly 2 lbs since birth! It was such a relief to hear this.
- Baby girl loves to sway. She loves to be rocked to music.
- I love the way she looks at me while she’s breastfeeding and when she grips the neck of my shirt when she falls asleep on my chest.
- Autumn loves to stare at our faces. Her expressions while she studies faces is hilarious. She’s got this look that reminds me of The Rock (image courtesy of WWE) and it makes us laugh every time!
- Baby girl’s been giving us little smiles here and there and cooing at us. We’re in love!
- Everyone who meets Autumn is impressed with the control she has over her head and neck. Baby girl is strong!
- Autumn loves to be worn. I knew from the start of my pregnancy that I didn’t want to lug around a stroller or car seat. So, I babywear Autumn when we are out and about. I find that she tends to go right to sleep when she’s close to Mommy’s chest (plus I can finally get things done).
One month down, a lifetime to go with our little girl.